£35,000 - £40,000
An IT Support Engineer with experience with Citrix, Windows Server, Office 365 & Cisco is required for a Managed Services Provider based in Loughton, Essex.
Role: IT Support Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Location: Loughton, Essex
Ensure that my client delivers an effective and efficient service, ensures customer problems and issues are resolved promptly and in a timely manner to enable client satisfaction. To conduct field support and projects on client premise ensuring a professional image is always conveyed. Develop and maintain a relationship with every client to maximise future revenue opportunities through maintaining a trusted advisor. The communication you present to the customer and supplier will be reflected in customer satisfaction, future orders and profitability and is therefore of paramount importance.
- Maintain an excellent product knowledge of all company products and services.
- Contribute and maintain a technical library keeping relevant information up to date.
- Provide input for scaling systems as required and technical advice and risk assessments to Service Delivery Manager as required.
- Invest time in understanding current and new technical developments and stay up-to-date with these.
- Create project charter and Scope of Works SOW documentation as required
- Contribute to risk assessments and participate in CAB.
- Creation of knowledge articles and delivering technical briefing to both the internal team and to teams within the client organisations when required.
- Implementation of Office 365 services and features.
- Implementation and support of VDI and Shared Desktop solutions utilizing Microsoft and Citrix Solutions.
- Take calls from 1st to 3rd line remote support when systems demonstrate performance issues or service failures internally and externally.
- Where application integration issues exist with 3rd party vendors manage support calls with those vendors through to successful resolution.
- Form strong relationships with customers and third party application vendors whilst performing software upgrades or maintenance.
- In cases where the contractual commitment to the customer is at risk (e.g. failure to meet a SLA) ensure the customer’s expectations are managed whilst a resolution to the issue is determined.
- Notify the appropriate members of staff that the SLA may be breached and determine corrective action.
- Provide appropriate advice to customers for IT technical issues but remain within the boundaries of Support desk (sensitive to providing free IT Consultancy) rather than promoting my clients IT Consultancy Service.
- Escalate exceptional issues and problems requiring Management input.
- Deputise upon request for the Service Desk Manager.
- Take ownership of a customer issue and resolve in a professional and timely manner. If remote resolution is not possible, propose a course of action for a successful resolution example site visit by Engineer.
- Present to the customer a professional image in terms of dress, demeanour and service level at all times.
- Monitor and support all technical platforms, proactively taking action when required
- Be able to recognise opportunities for selling further services proactively promote the products and services and pass leads to Sales team.
- Participate in the process and procedural development of business system feeds.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of systems and services.
- Author enterprise calibre documentation including SOW, Implementation Plans, Change Requests, Network Diagrams and Pre-Sales proposals.
- Document key knowledge (problem resolution learning) and promote cross-functional learning. Document FAQs and steps to resolve issues.
- Maintain SLA targets for all services, thorough effective monitoring of alerts and taking the necessary steps to restore service after any interruption or incident.
- Communicate effectively with other members in Client Support Team and other departments and provide timely data to facilitate updating the system for billing and technical issues.
- Plan ahead effectively to facilitate efficiency when carrying out onsite installations or other work, completing free work on the first visit wherever possible to maintain profitability.
- Provide monthly Client Support Team performance statistics and where necessary propose improvement strategies to correct poor performance to senior management.
- Assist with the development of new staff.
- Assist with leading Projects, manage team members, ensuring the efficient timely and professional resolution of customer issues within SLA.
- Undertake any other duties within their competence as may be required from time to time.
- Attend to ad-hoc work as and when required.
- MCSA: Office 365
- MCSA: Windows Server 2016/2012
- Citrix Certified Advanced Administrator/ Citrix CCA-V
- Exchange Server
- Office Suite
- Cisco ASA / Meraki router config
- RDS/ Terminal Services
Nature and Scope
Job holder must be willing and able to:
- Ensure all responsibilities are met in accordance with company procedures and the Staff Handbook
- Maintain confidentiality of all company material and data which is not in the public domain
- Be flexible to be able to work beyond standard hours without further payment when necessary to meet objectives
- Keep up to date with the company service offerings as they pertain to their role.
- To contribute as required to the development of the company’s objective to achieve ISO quality standard, to maintain the standards once achieved. The image they present to the customer will be reflected in customer satisfaction, future orders and profitability and is therefore of paramount importance.
Send your CV ASAP – Further Details on Application