Up to £40,000pa
A 3rd Line Service Desk Engineer with experience providing Windows Server, Active directory and networking support to all clients and internal teams for an IT Services Provider based in Milton Keynes.
Role: 3rd Line Service Desk Engineer
Salary: Up to £40,000pa
Location: Milton Keynes
As a 3rd Line engineer, your role is to deliver an excellent technology focused support service to all clients and internal teams. You will be taking ownership of and managing Problems, Major Incidents and escalations as required. There will also be a requirement for some involvement with the delivery of Project work (which we call Professional Services) whereby you will act as an ambassador for our client when dealing with their clients.
- Provision of escalation support for colleagues and clients. These will typically by the higher priority and more technically challenging issues.
- Taking ownership of these escalated issues and managing them as either Problems or Major Incidents through to resolution.
- Within Problem Management, you will have a responsibility for identification and root cause analysis of recurring incidents/problems. This will mean continued investigation with recommendations beyond any initial fix applied to work around the problem.
- Assisting with the delivery of Project work and Change Management requests as required.
- Provision of training, knowledge transfer and documentation for Clients and the Technical and Service Delivery teams.
- Keeping up to date with new technologies including relevant technical training and certifications as required by the business.
- You will need to have the ability to present and articulate technical concepts to both internal teams and clients as appropriate.
Essential skills & experience:
- Experience in a senior 2nd Line Support role or
- Experience in a 3rd Line infrastructure support role
- Excellent problem-solving skills 0
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with the following technologies (with relevant certifications to support):
- Microsoft Server and associated infrastructure technologies including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, VPN’s, DFS, etc.
- Strong experience in supporting and diagnosing network related issues
- Desktop / Client Operating Systems
- MS Exchange / Office 365
- Virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V)
- AV and Mail Scanning technologies
- Terminal Services / Virtual Desktop
- Cloud / offsite backup technologies
- Excellent customer service skills and confidence on the phone and face to face.
- Excellent written and technical communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Able to follow and define processes and produce relevant documentation where required
- Willing to learn and develop skills
- Willing to travel to customer locations as and when required.
- Strong ‘customer focused’ work ethic.
Desirable for the role:
- Understanding of ITIL methodology
- Experience working with Firewalls (WatchGuard is our main firewall vendor)
- Experience using Security diagnostics tools.
- Experience working to tight Project timescales.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies (with relevant certifications as required by the business);
- MS SharePoint
- MS SQL Server
- MAC hardware and OS
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- SolarWinds Products
Send your CV ASAP – Further Details on Application
Orbis Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.