£40,000 - £50,000pa
A Senior Networking Engineer with a strong working knowledge of Firewalls, Cisco and HP products is required for a Managed Services Provider on a permanent basis in Central London.
Role: Senior Networking Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000pa
Location: Central London
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing a high-quality networking support service to our clients on a range of varied range of hardware, software, server, networking and infrastructure based issues.
Our client is looking for someone who has Networking skills with a strong working knowledge of Firewalls, Cisco and HP products.
Excellent communication skills are essential for this role as is an ability to convey complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is currently working for a Managed Services Provider and looking to expand their networking skills and move into a specialised position.
- Industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer, Network Administrator or 3rd Line Support Engineer from a Managed Services Provider
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
- Understanding of network operating systems (JUNOS, Cisco IOS)
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational and mentoring skills
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
- Configure and install, firewalls, Phone systems, routers and other network devices
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Resolve issues escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
- Mentor team members on technical issues
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Communicate and build a good rapport and relationship with customers.
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
- Educate and train customers in the use and operation of their hardware and software.
- Providing third level support to our clients through telephone, remote and on-site assistance.
- To provide advice, installation services and on-going support in relation to Firewalls, Network security, Wi-Fi and IP phone systems being used by our clients.
- Install new software releases, upgrades and patches as required.
- Deal with hardware and firmware compatibility issues.
- Promote new products and services to customers.
Send your CV ASAP – Further Details on Application
Orbis Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.