Up to £29kpa + bonus and benefits
Electro/Mechatronic Workshop Engineer with experience in testing, troubleshooting and repairing Medical instruments, PC hardware and software. This will be working for a manufacturer of optical instruments on a permanent basis in their Newbury office.
Role: Electro/Mechatronic Workshop Engineer
Salary: Up to £29kpa + bonus and benefits
Main Purpose of job:
Responsible for the provision of service and support our client's customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The testing, troubleshooting and repair of our client's products in the workshop, this to include PC hardware, software and ophthalmic/optometric instrumentation
- Pre-delivery inspection and configuration of our client's products
- Provide technical support to customers and colleague’s, by telephone and remote connection
- Complete repair reports by way of a service management system
- Ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams and develop test procedures
- Ability to document and escalate product failures to the product development team
Specialist knowledge/experience required:
- Good hands-on working knowledge of electronics, IT hardware/software and operating systems
- Knowledge of MS office packages and an understanding of databases
- Experience of working with optical/imaging instrumentation, preferable
- Good communication skills, at all levels, essential
Educational Standards required for the job:
Good general education OND/HND and mechatronics experience.
Special requirements for the job:
Ability to read/interpret circuit diagrams, parts documentation & engineering information.
Other features of the job:
Some onsite visits may be required.
Send your CV ASAP – Further Details on Application
Orbis Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.