Up to £70,000pa plus 30% bonus
A Technical Sales Consultant with a background in consultancy/pensions is required for a Tech provider in Newbury on a permanent basis.
Role: Technical Sales Consultant
Salary: Up to £70,000pa plus 30% bonus
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
The Technical Sales Consultant identifies and understands existing and prospective client requirements, shows the client how their requirements can be met by the company solutions, and helps the Sales Consultant to explain the technical solution within a proposal, and then pass the project to the delivery team via a formal handover. Clear client communication is a key part of the role.
The key responsibility is to ensure the solution we propose solves the client’s problems. This is fulfilled by completing proposals and requests for information and showing using various methods of communication how our solutions can meet the client’s requirements.
In addition, the following are elements of the role:
- Identifying needs and other opportunities within clients businesses and finding potential answers using the companies solutions
- Preparing presentations and if necessary presenting at seminars and conferences on company products or technical specialisation
- Understanding the company solutions and keeping abreast of changes and updates, for all areas of the business including risk profiling, forecasting, stochastic modelling, and financial planning
- Creating and presenting demonstrations for use by the team
- Demonstrating the solutions to clients face to face and online
- Providing the solution details for inclusion in proposals
- Following the sales team bid control process
- Providing feedback from clients to the design process for tools.
- Providing support to other sales and delivery staff on both client communication and technical details of the solutions. This includes marketing collateral input.
Key skills for the job
- 5+ years’ experience in the Financial Services Industry
- In depth knowledge of financial service industry, products available, providers, advisers, and other organisations involved in advice and communicating risk
- Knowledge of final salary and defined contribution pension scheme structures is desirable
- Knowledge of advice process and regulatory requirements
Technical and other skills required:
- Ability to learn
- Relevant qualification and experience – a university degree plus: either 50% of the actuarial exams passed and/or Adviser qualifications for holistic advice and training
- Presentation and training skills
- Being able to listen to client’s needs
- Good Microsoft Office skills, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Working well with people at all levels of operation (i.e. being able to relate to people across the spectrum of roles easily and effectively)
- Working under pressure
- Prioritising work effectively
Send your CV ASAP – Further Details on Application
Orbis Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.