HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT:
It is the policy of Orbis Resourcing Ltd. to ensure, so far as is reasonably possible, the health, safety and welfare of our employees whilst they are at work, and also the health and safety of our temporary workers, plus any others who may be affected by our undertakings.
It is the Company’s intention to provide a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and to provide a safety conscious temporary employee to customers in order to achieve an accident-free workplace.
Orbis Resourcing Ltd will endeavour to:
- Provide and maintain safe working environments without risk to health and safety
- Set standards that comply with all relevant statutory requirements relating to health, safety and the environment with regard to their effect on employees, customers, contractors and the public
- Safeguard employees and others from foreseeable hazards with regard to health, safety or the environment in existing processes and working systems
- Ensure that when new substances, plant, machinery, equipment, processes or premises are introduced, adequate guidance, instruction and supervision will be provided for safe methods of work to be developed
- Ensure all employees are aware of their own responsibilities in respect of relevant health, safety and environmental matters
- Aim to achieve the commitment and active involvement of all staff, in order that safety awareness and positive attitudes are fostered and continuous efforts made to improve safety performance
- Ensure that contractors carrying out work are informed of relevant standards; are trained in procedures as necessary; and that systems are established for monitoring compliance, without detracting from the contractors legal responsibilities, to ensure that requirements are met
- Promote good health and be concerned with the prevention of occupational and non-occupational disorders and diseases using health counselling and health education
- Co-operate with appropriate authorities and technical organisations, both to ensure that policies are updated and to contribute to the formulation of standards and means of compliance
- Retain, and review as necessary, existing arrangements for safety committees to maintain effective consideration of health and safety measures
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY STATEMENT:
Orbis Resourcing Ltd entirely supports the principle of equal opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, age, marital status or disability. Orbis Resourcing Ltd believes that it is in the Company’s best interests, and of all who work in it, to ensure that the human resources, talents and skills available are considered when employment opportunities arise.
Every possible step will be taken to ensure that individuals are treated equally and fairly and that decisions on recruitment, selection, training, promotion, career management and provision of other benefits are based solely on objective and job related criteria.
Every employee is required to support this Policy and to ensure that discrimination does not occur in the workplace. Discriminatory behaviour on any of the grounds set out in the first paragraph above, or any breach of this Policy, will not be tolerated and may result in disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
Orbis Resourcing Ltd recognises that where an employee has been a victim of discrimination he/she will find the experience distressing and stressful. It will thus be for the employee who makes an allegation of discrimination to choose whether he/she wishes to have the matter dealt with formally or informally. Where he/she chooses to have the matter dealt with informally, such will be dealt with under the Policy against Harassment on the informal basis. Where he/she chooses to have the matter dealt with formally, such will be dealt with under the formal Grievance Procedure and, where evidence of misconduct arises, under the Disciplinary Procedure.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT:
Orbis Resourcing Ltd is committed to conducting its operations with proper concern for the environment. That statement means that the Directors and staff of Orbis Resourcing Ltd recognise that both the Company’s performance and its offering of services to clients are increasingly affected by environmental factors. It therefore requires and encourages its staff to demonstrate a positive attitude to environmental concerns.
- Make a commitment to environmental responsibility
- Assess and monitor the impact of their operations upon the environment
- Establish procedures leading to steady improvement in environmental performance
- Comply with all current environmental legislation
QUALITY ASSURANCE POLICY STATEMENT:
Quality is a fundamental and integral part of our business. Through our people and systems, we will provide high quality and professional services to our clients in all sectors of Industry and Commerce.
Together, as partners with our clients, we are committed to developing new and innovative ways to satisfy both clients and candidates’ demands and expectations, while continually maintaining the highest quality standards. As employees of Orbis Resourcing Ltd, we will always strive to exceed all regulatory requirements and the expectations of our clients.